Friday, September 16, 2011

Shamcey's Q&A

Congratulations to Ms. Shamcey Supsup for bagging 3rd runner up in the recent Ms. Universe Beauty Pageant!

A lot of assumptions has been going around for Shamcey's not getting this year's crown for the said pageant because of the Q&A portion.

Here’s the question coming from Judge No. 2 Vivica A. Fox for Shamcey;


Question: “Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person that you love?”
Shamcey‘s Answer: “If I would have to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love. Because the first person that I love is God, who created me. I have my faith and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. If the person loves me, he’ll love my God too.”

I am happy with what Shamcey has accomplished. Bagging 3rd runner up against 80+ other beautiful women is not an easy task. But saying that she should have won over Ms. Angola because of the Q&A is a little bit over board. I believe Ms. Angola also deserves the crown.

If you ask me, I would side with the judges decision as I think that Shamcey's answer is a little bit off target. Don't get me wrong. I am Pinoy, I supported Shamcey but it doesn't mean that I would give in to popular thinking when I think the popular thinking doesn't fit my judgement.

We as Christians, see that Shamcey's answer, "Because the first person that I love is God, who created me. I have my faith and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am", bears a great weight to us. Specially since Christians are generally moralists, it is but proper to subject ourselves for the glory of God. Shamcey could have won the crown if she had stopped here.

Additional points if she added that love equates with respect. And respect doesn't force anyone to do something just for one's benefit.

I believe her answer went off target when she said, "If the person loves me, he’ll love my God too." It's as if turning the question the other way around. If she can't change for the one she loves, why make the one she love change? She could have said, "If the person loves me, then he will respect my beliefs." Then that would make her a good Christian and a woman fit for the crown.

While Ms. Angola's question has been said to be an easy one, she is just really lucky that night to get the "safest" question available. And she just managed to deliver a safe answer as well. With or without translators.

This is just my analysis, afterall, what's done is done. And I am glad that Shamcey just updated the standards where future beauty pageant contestants needs to exceed more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © An Ex-Bossing. Design by Free CSS Templates | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger